Here are my cute kids and adorable Grandkids! Ü

Here are my cute kids and adorable Grandkids! Ü

Hope!

Hope!

Friday, August 1, 2008

WARNING! Don't look if you have a weak stomach! Ü

Ok so these are the pictures we took while we were changing the bandage BEFORE John's surgery! I actually thought it didn't look too bad, at least it still had the nail, and looked only slightly grotesque! Ü NOTHING like I imagined it to be though when he called me and told me he cut his finger off!! Although Johns says it looks way better to him too since all he could see was bone when HE looked at it the first time!! Ü Ewww Owwww! And speaking of EWWWWW OUCH! we got the hospital bill today, it was over $3500!!! Holy Hanna!! Thank goodness insurance, but I think it is ridiculous the charges that were on the bill! $149.00 for 1, count um ONE GRAM of ointment they put on John's finger! Man who can afford to be sick these days?!? UGH! I'm thinking 4 bucks for a GALLON of gas really isn't too bad A?


Now THESE pictures, on the other hand, were taken when John went in for his follow up AFTER his surgery! Oye vay! Now THESE give me the willies, seeing that pin hanging out the end, and not having a nail any more!, But the doc said it was healing, and since the pin had moved he just decided to take it out! YIKES! When he took and X-ray he said the bone was back were it needed to be anyway, so with the splint they made it should heal nicely and he should have a nail back in 6 to 8 month's! Anyway, John is doing well, and getting along just fine! What a stud! He puts on a dental glove to take a shower and that works great! Anyway, thanks to all those who were worried about him and have asked how he was doing! Now you know! It's nice to know people care! Ü Sorry they are not that great of quality, John took them with his cell phone at the doctors while it was unwrapped! Oooh, hope it isn't lunch time for anyone right now! Ü

2 comments:

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

Wow what a difference in pictures. It looks way better then the ist pictures with the pin. NASTY!

Shalae said...

Yowsa! That's pretty nasty. Hey, Marchelle. Just catching up. My wife found your blog the other day so I thought I'd check out how things are going with you. My wife pretty much keeps up with the blog stuff, and I just come and read when she finds the good stuff. I must say though, this blog stuff is great for keeping up with the lives of your loved ones. Hope John's finger is feeling better, although if I were him, I'd be milking this time for all its worth. ;) Keep in touch. Love ya. -Brett